Thursday 30 September 2010

Some Photoshop-ing...


My first proper go at using Photoshop to paint something and although my understanding of anatomy isn't that great yet I don't think it's so bad:


Bit of a jump here, I think I accidentally pressed 'save' instead of 'save as'...




I'm pretty happy with it really. I really like the idea of having a mostly human shape with elements of the dragonfly. For example, the eyes are bigger than normal and the back is thick and hunched with a very narrow waist to contrast it.  I also liked the idea of dividing the hands and feet into two, having some kind of merging of the toes and fingers to make it a bit more gross.
I'm not too keen on the idea of having wings, although it'd be my ideal, looking at it from a biological level I think it'd be a bit silly to conveniently be able to fly because of the splicing. However, I do like the idea of having some kind of disfigurement because of the merging DNA...
I still need to improve my use of light and shadow as I'm still not great at creating depth, but I'm generally pretty happy with this start and look forward to trying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment