Monday 13 June 2011

Villainy!

I thought I'd research into animated villains and see what makes them so successful as I'm worried I'll fall into some clichés, in a bad way, so here are some images I have at present:


Thanator from Avatar
Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty:
Scar from The Lion King:
Ursula from The Little Mermaid:
Chernabog from Fantasia:
Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove:
Ratigan from Basil the Great Mouse Detective:
Shan Yu from Mulan:
Hopper from A Bug's Life:
The Horned King from The Black Cauldron:
Randall from Monsters Inc.
Tai Lung From Kung Fu Panda:
Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2:

I know there are much more villainous looking characters out there but I'm drawing a blank, so I'm going to go and chill out and have a think. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated! :D

3 comments:

  1. maybe, you're in need of some story to help you place your characters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the request? List some villains?

    Darth Vader
    Ming the Merciless
    Wicked Witch of the West
    Gannondorf/Ganon

    This guy!!!!!!

    http://mediabreach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DMThunderleg.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! I remember that guy!! Drunken Master the Jackie Chan film? Amazing XD
    Any villains that have a particular silhouette, either the way they hold themselves, their costume or the way they're drawn. I'm just trying to work out how to make my villains more evil really.

    I agree with you Phil, I think a story would be much better at pulling it all together. I have a rough idea so I'll have a go at writing it tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete