Saturday 23 July 2011

A Bit More of Ursula's Dress...

I needed to start working on the details of the dress and as I wanted her to look as though she's partly made from wood I thought I'd have a go at making my own texture and blending it in:


As you can see, it wasn't so successful. I then realised there was a quick tutorial in the new ImagineFX magazine on making gnarled bark in Photoshop and these are my results:





The bottom of the dress isn't great because I'm going to turn that into roots but I thought I'd include it so I can see the general shape. Generally though I think it's a good first attempt at creating my own bark texture. I'll work into it more as I go but it's a great starting point. My skills in painting my own textures are pretty low so I'm really happy with what I achieved. Onwards! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment