Monday 1 August 2011

A Smidge of Concept Work...

Still working on Ursula's first concept drawing, I thought I'd play around with colouring and texturing to see what would work:

Last time I worked on this concept:


Photobucket
Updates:


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
The image above was the last one I worked into. I think it's really starting to get there nicely. I really like the idea of having a colour on her dress and another between it and her natural bark-like skin. It's something that was seen on a flower on her influence map and I think it could be quite a nice addition.  The bark texture I've added onto her dress is working alright. I'm still unsure what she's finally going to look like colour-wise so I thought I'd have a quick play around with the hues:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These are all nice but I'm still fairly unsure. I think that I should move onto a different character or two for a while and then come back to her, I seem to spot problems a lot quicker that way. Onwards to new and unknown characters! :D

3 comments:

  1. Hey Molly :D

    I think you need to look again at her waist and chest area; while her skinniness is part of her appeal, I'd suggest you need to think more anatomically about this character now; that tubular area between her hips and her chest doesn't feel credible. You're playing with colour here, but I think you need to revisit her physicality - and not give up, because she's going to be a memorable villain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooool, I agree! I keep getting a bit blinded when I work on something for a while so I'll go back and do more tweaking to make her more credible.
    I may not get as many characters finished as I would've liked but just having 1 or 2 that really work would be great, especially when they're presented in a book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. quality over quantity always! :D

    ReplyDelete