Tuesday 8 November 2011

@Phil, Postmodernism Essay Idea.

I've been really unsure about what to do my essay on for this and I've sort of thought that writing about Funny Games US would be a good idea. I'm not sure what to write about in particular except their breaking the fourth wall, the constant use of having things happen outside of shot and that it constantly reminds the audience that it's watching something for constructed for their entertainment. I was about to do some research into it now but I thought I'd ask before I got too far in.

Any suggestions or recommendations? :)

2 comments:

  1. Go for it, Molly. If you deal with Funny Games, you'll need to deal with the tool that is 'deconstruction' - but it might be very interesting to compare/contrast Scream and Funny Games, as superficially they are 'about' horror in the same way, but accomplish their commentaries and meta effects in very different ways. This might give you more bang for your buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, thank you! I'll get on with the research then :D

    ReplyDelete