Sunday 19 February 2012

Attempts at Cross Hatching...

After Jon's comment and a bit of pointing in the right direction I think it worked out okay. Some do work better than others but I think they'll all come in handy to add as extra details later. Here's what I got up to:

Photobucket
This'll be good to just add some texture here and there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 

Rather than just doodling random shapes I thought I'd use a bit of reference so I looked at kelp, coral, octopuses and two of Edmund Dulac's Little Sea Maid illustrations. Looking forward to putting these into my next concept pieces! :D

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, that last one is definitely my favourite; and now you're beginning to make progress on possible texturing styles. Keep going. I'd like to see more cross hatching/shading on shapes and objects now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yeah, the last one is definitely my favourite. I'll get on to doing some more after this maya tutorial :P

      Delete