Wednesday 29 February 2012

Compositions...

My weakness at the moment is the composition, and after my tutorial with Alan I had a go at drawing a couple of different compositions out:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the ideas Alan suggested is to have a third of the image cut off by the entrance of her lair. It could be a pile of bones and treasure she's collected to welcome the viewer, as they peer around it they see the big dominating cauldron in the mid-ground and then something unsettling in the background (maybe a silhouette of the sea snake pets she has). My favourite of the 4 is the 3rd I think. I like the idea of the eye bouncing from the pile of treasure and bones on the right to the cauldron on the left and then to the undecided presence in background. I'll do some more soon to finalise it and have a better go at perspective soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Molly, I'm a bit worried about you and your productivity and drive on this project. How about dropping me an email to reassure or otherwise. How's it going? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete