Sunday 7 October 2012

A New Beginning...

After a bit of recovery time I've had one idea that's stuck with me so far. I have considered Phil's recommendation of making something personal, maybe using my anxiety as a place to start. One idea that really appealed to me is creating an advert for the Samaritans organisation based on something people can relate to. Below is a storyboard of my first idea:
Photobucket

The general idea here is that when you're feeling down, even when there's something that could make you feel good, there's always a part of your mind that wants to keep you away from it. Here, although the character feels helpless, it's reached out for the help it needs which is followed by the Samaritans slogan, logo and contact details. I like the use of black and white, although I may integrate a little colour if it fits into the final narrative. I also like the use of simplistic shapes, especially the hulking figure as it makes for a nice visual representation of how you'd feel.

Below are the videos I've had as a big influence for this project so far:







Something that's key to the first two videos is having a piece of music to support the visuals. This will be my next step because as soon as I have that I'll be able to see what should happen where.

No comments:

Post a Comment