Monday 4 February 2013

Chibi's, Chibi's Everywhere...

I've decided to go in more of a 'Chibi' direction (large heads and very short bodies), so I grabbed a few images to draw from:

Photobucket


And had a go at translating them into two characters:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some work and some don't. I wanted to have one boy and one girl character, and I think 3 is cute, but it's much harder to create a successful male. I think they'll both be the same type too as the head shape works, it's just making them charming enough and working out how his body should look. I feel like the male character is still missing something that the girl character has. I'll have to have a think about his character some more and go from there.

It's still coming along though and it's also given me a style to look at which is great, just have to avoid it being too 'anime' :)






4 comments:

  1. Love 1 and 2 the chibi effect will work brilliant for your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number 2,6 and 9- they're really cute!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 4 and 6 they're really cute :) You'r major project looks like it's got off to a great start, glad every thing is going good :D

    ReplyDelete