Monday 11 February 2013

Playing with Colours: 01...

A few colour experiments for one half of the inventing duo:
 photo Smartycolours01.jpg

 photo Smartycolours02.jpg

I'm a little torn between bright colours that will appear to children and darker colours that would suit them as nocturnal creatures.

Next is some experiments with the vibrant mane for the lantern wielding character:

 photo Manecolours01.jpg

I think my favourite is 1, but I'll get some more rainbow colours in there and see how that looks. I'd really like the mane to be super vibrant because even just seeing these colours lit up chases the Nightmares off.

I'll get a couple of sheets done for each character and then see what combinations go well together, but for now I'm just enjoying playing with them! :D


3 comments:

  1. I really like 4 on the top sheet - he looks very sensible and bookish - but maybe the kiddies will think he's boring? I think he looks jolly smart! And on the second it's between 1 and 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!! These are sooo cute!! I like 4 and 5 on the top sheet- maybe he could do with a little bit of something red either on the glasses or bow tie? I also really like 1 on the second lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... but I would like to see a bit more detail/exploration on the face of the 'afro' creature - he's still a bit generic.

    ReplyDelete